We often hear about the lie detector tests. Some people have seen it in investigation movies, while some might have also gone through it. It basically is a technological gift, that allows the investigating authorities to have a clear idea about the truth that’s lies behind a half true or misleading information provided. It is also known as a polygraph test, which is used to simply know whether a person is lying or telling truth in relation to the questions put in front of him. The results of the lie detector tests do depend on multiple factors or response from the body, these factors include;
- The breathing rate of subject
- The pulse of the subject
- The blood pressure of the subject
- The perspiration of the subject
- The leg and arm movement of the subject (this happens only in some cases)
(Here subject is the person who is going through the lie detector test)
There’s a standard procedure followed, this doesn’t completely changes from one test organiser to the other. There might be minute changes registered between the ways adopted by different people, but the base remains the same. Let’s understand the same in detail;
- Before the targeted questions are put, the subject is asked 3-4 general questions so that the person’s signals could be recorded and monitored. After that the real questions are asked.
- Through the process is on, the signals are recorded in a moving paper.
- After the process culminates, the examiner examines the signals recorded on the moving paper. This is compared with the signals that were recorded while the questions we not put. And then the examiner finds whether or not there have been any major changes in the signal.
- A change in the signal is the real indication of the person lying on the questions asked.
How authenticate are the results?
As per the progressive reports developed from lie detector tests in the past few years, it has been concluded that the test does not delivers 100% authentic results in all the cases.
Different professionals conduct the overall procedure different, and the subjects put into interrogation also differ in the way they react to truths and lies. Thus the results vary from one person to another. While in one case it might bring out purely authenticate results, in the other case the results might vary in terms of its authentication.
Factors to consider while buying a video surveillance system
SEO Agency Information You Have to Believe
Get the right solar installer