Facilities You Should Look for in A Condo Unit
Singapore is dubbed as The Most Expensive City in the World. This is according to 2018 Worldwide Cost of Living by the Economist Intelligence Unit. The survey compared the prices of commodities like bread, wine, egg, milk and many more of 133 cities in the world. New York City and Los Angeles city followed Singapore.
It doesn’t only cover commodities but also the price of real estate in the city-state. Real estate here in Singapore is usually high especially if you will consider landed residential places. Landed residential places are not common here only a few can afford. Most people here live in Housing and Development Board (HDB) flats.
For younger couples, condominiums like Twin View are appealing. Condominiums are appealing because it boasts of different facilities or amenities. Here are some facilities that you should look for in a condo unit:
- Common areas: Common areas are big draws when choosing a condo unit. Examples of common areas include gardens, lobby, swimming pool, stairways, elevators and laundry room. Each developer has their unique common area to distinguish them from the others. If you are amenable to the common areas, you can consider the developer.
- Parking: Parking is also a common area but it should be highlighted because you need it all the time. Having a car, you need to know that it is safe. Parking should be included in the facilities of the condo building and if not, it is time to look for more options.
- Security: You are also paying for the security so make sure you are getting the most out of it. See if the building has enough security like a surveillance camera, 24 hours roving guards and well-lit common areas.
- Social opportunities: If you are the type that values social opportunities, ask the developer if they have scheduled events. If the developer doesn’t offer social opportunities, ask if you can organize things or if there are nearby activities you can join.
- Appliances: If the condo unit boasts of being “fully furnished”, you may expect upgraded appliances like microwave, television, and refrigerator. By determining such, you spare yourself from buying the same things.
- Storage space: Remember you do not have basement or attics where you can store things you do not need. When choosing a condo, determine if they provide enough storage space for your things.
If you want more facilities or amenities, perhaps you should consider luxury or upscale condominiums. Whatever unit you have in mind, there is always something for you. This will be one of the greatest decisions you will make in life so be careful when choosing. It is not something that you can easily return if you do not like using it.